Thursday, 28 January 2016

Cosmetic Ingredients to Keep Away From Your Skin

Cosmetics have become a part and parcel of our lives as everybody today wishes to look presentable. However, synthetics laden cosmetics can do more harm to the skin than good. Yes, you might obtain flawless skin after putting on a matte compact but it might leave your skin dry and dehydrated on sustained usage. These products contain chemical ingredients that can be harmful for skin and trigger allergies. Moreover, it is difficult to know what is there in the product because labels on cosmetic products are hard to crack. You cannot trust the authenticity of the product even if it claims to be “organic” or “natural”.  Most of the so called organic products contain only 70 percent of natural ingredients while the remaining 30 percent are still ambiguous.

So, we have a come up with a list of cosmetic ingredients that should be kept away from your skin at all costs.

1.      PEG(polyethylene glycol) or PPG (polypropylene glycol)
Stay away from the bottle that contains PEG (polyethylene glycol) or PPG (polypropylene glycol). Propylene Glycol is vegetable glycerin which is a natural ingredient but its synthetic petrochemical mix is very harmful for skin. It can trigger problems like hives and eczema.    

2.      PVP/VA Copolymer
It is a petrochemical which is used in hairsprays, styling products and other cosmetics. Inhaling this substance can cause damage to the lungs. 

3.      Avoid Synthetic Colors
The prime motive of adding synthetic colors to a product is to make it look pretty. They are mostly used in hair dyes. We strongly suggest you to avoid these products as they are carcinogenic and are labeled as FD&C or D&C.

4.      Avoid Synthetic Fragrances
Synthetic fragrances are a must to avoid. They are extensively used in cosmetic products and have as many as 200 ingredients. It is very difficult to find out which fragrance does the product include because they are simply labeled as “fragrance” on the label. These artificial fragrances can cause the problem of headaches, dizziness, rash, hyper pigmentation, etc. 

5.      Stearalkonium Chloride
Stearalkonium Chloride is an ammonium compound usually used in hair conditioners and creams. It is used as a cheap alternative of protein and herbal ingredients. It is very toxic and can trigger allergic reactions.

Your skin is precious and should not be exposed to these chemicals at any cost. So, the next time you buy a cream, compact or lotion, do go through the label and look for the above mentioned ingredients. If you find any of them in the product, ditch it there and then!





 








No comments:

Post a Comment