We all have a favorite shampoo that we simply love because of it smells good, leaves our hair soft, tamed and shiny. But, do you know that your shampoo might have harmful ingredients, which may cause allergies, hair damage, hair loss, scalp irritation and may even stop hair growth? You probably have not found it yet because reading a shampoo label is like trying to understand a foreign language. So, here we have listed some hazardous ingredients that most of the commercial shampoos contain and that you should definitely try refraining from.
1. Sodium lauryl sulfate: Sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS) causes foaming lather that we often find in commercial shampoos. But, it is a harsh detergent which causes harm to your hair in the long run.
2. Alcohol: Almost all the hair care products contain at least some form of alcohol, but alcohol is also extremely drying and removes the moisture, which leaves hair dry and damaged.
3. Propylene Glycol: The ingredient helps cleaning ingredients penetrate hair, but it also breaks down healthy-hair proteins and irritates sensitive skin and eyes.
4. Ammonium lauryl sulfate: You must check the shampoo label for this ingredient and immediately change your shampoo if it contains this as it is a harsh detergent that you must omit.
5. Formaldehyde: This chemical kills bacteria but irritates the eyes and respiratory system and also can result in skin inflammation.
Why Should We Opt For Organic Shampoos?
In above discussion, we highlighted the side effects of using commercial, over-the-counter shampoos which are easy to find and cheaper too. But when it comes to your health, you cannot compromise with it just for saving a few bucks! Unlike chemical shampoos, the organic ones gently moisturize your hair and skin cells with natural minerals and oils. If you are looking for something which may stimulate hair growth and enhance shine, then you must embrace organically produced shampoos.
Our natural shampoo is free from all harmful chemicals and synthetics, assuring a natural sheen for your mane.