You love essential oils and you just can’t get over their smell. Maybe this is what makes you want to these share essential oils and their benefits with all your family members as these natural gifts can do wonders for the skin and overall wellness. But can you use essential oil for babies too? The answer is yes, but you need to be a little careful when it comes to using these oils for babies as their skin is much more sensitive and supple. Babies love the contact of things that are relaxing and soothing. A massage with essential oils is definitely something that your little one will adore.
Which essential oils can you use for babies?
Instead of using essential oils directly on the baby’s skin, mix it with baby’s moisturizer or coconut oil and keep rotating the oils day by day in order to avoid any repetitions. The best essential oils for your baby’s skin are Lavender, Chamomile, Geranium, Mandarin, Neroli, Sweet Orange, Rose and Tea Tree.
Which essential oils should NOT be used for babies?
There are some essential oils which may suite you but will not suite your baby as their skin is a lot more sensitive. The oils which you should avoid using on infants are Idaho Tansy, Hyssop, Sage, Blue Tansy, Clary Sage, Peppermint, Eucalyptus and Sage.
Tips to keep in mind while using essential oils for babies
When it comes to your babies, you need to take a lot of precautions as they have a sensitive skin which can get harm very easily.
1. If you want to use essential oils for babies who are less than 3 months old then you must take professional’s advice as their skin is still adjusting to the outside world.
2. Make sure the essential oil which you are using for your baby is pure. If the label advice you to not to use the oil on the skin, then do not use it
3. If your baby is less than 2 years old then do not add more than 5 drops of essential oil to his moisturizer or coconut oil.
1. Lavender and Chamomile are the best oils which should be initially used when it comes to your baby.
2. Using eucalyptus oil for babies who are less than 2 years can be harmful.
3. While applying oil to your child’s body avoid applying oil near their eyes and mouth and also do not apply it on their hand as they may put their hand in their mouth.
Massaging is very relaxing beneficial for your baby and it has other health benefits too. Keeping your toddler away from anything which is harmful is entirely your prerogative, so why not give them a touch of something as natural and blissful as the essential oil.