Taking its name from an Arabic word meaning scent, Attar is organic perfume oil derived from botanical sources. The oil is purified naturally and that is why attar is the purest form of perfume oil. Since ages, attars are considered to be something which attracted angels and kept devils and negative spirits away from you. Attar has many health benefits too but in this blog we aim to familiarize you with the types of Attars first.
Types of attar
Floral attar: Floral attars are those attars which are obtained from a single species of the flower like Rose, Jasmine, Chameli, Mogra, Raat Rani and Khus.
Herbal attar: The Indian attar which is considered as pure attar is commonly known as herbal attar. The attars are takes from a combination of spices, flowers and herbs like Kesar, Amber, Heena and Musk.
If you go by our recommendation, we always suggest going natural with your fragrances. So we have compiled a list of the best floral and herbal attars that can become your signature fragrance this season.
1. Attar Hina: This attar is extracted from the flowers of heena tree. This attar is completely natural and has a very refreshing aroma.
2. Blue Lotus attar: The blue lotus attar is obtained from the hydro-distillation extraction of blue lotus flower. Its deep and rich aroma has the ability to the arouse mind and body.
3. Chameli attar: This attar is extracted from royal jasmine flower. The odor of this flower is responsible for replacing all the negative energy from your body and also keeping you away from bad influences.
4. Gulab attar: It cools your mind and relieves you from all the stress. It is also used as a base ingredient in a variety of perfumes and is also used in many skin care products.
5. Jasmine attar: Its floral aroma is responsible for calming your body and relaxing your mind. It is used in the methods of aromatherapy to release stress, anxiety and depression.
Are they only about good odor? Nah!
There attars are not only about good fragrances but also have many health benefits like controlling blood sugar regulation, headaches, reducing stress, act as a good healing agent along with improving memory and concentration.
Choosing the best attar to suit your personality might seem like a daunting task, especially if you are new to the world of these natural fragrances. But by keeping in mind the above mentioned scents, you can decide whether you are a Floral or Herbal attar person.