Sinus prone people are at their worst mood when their sinus strikes and gets out of hand. In fact, sinus is a serious health problem that can affect the energy level and overall fitness of the sufferer. A brisk Sinus is followed by headache and fever and blocking nose for long hours. All these effects are extremely annoying so it is best to look for an instant cure that can provide quick relief. There is an unexplored range of natural components that can provide substantial aid for unclogging Sinuses- the essential oils.
Why choose essential oils?
Essential oils are found to have exceptional effects in treating respiratory problems. And, the effects are visible instantly. Essential oils show significant benefits on Sinus along with having anti-histamine effects on allergies.
Which essential oils to choose while treating Sinus?
Essential oils that have antibacterial and antifungal properties, are suitable for oral consumption and used as cough medicines should be used for treating Sinuses. The major essential oils which can be best suited for treating Sinuses are Peppermint essential oil, Nutmeg essential oil, Eucalyptus essential oil, Clove essential oil, Hyssop essential oil, Rosemary essential oil, Frankincense essential oil and many others.
Where to apply essential oils to treat your Sinus:
The best points to apply essential oils for treating Sinus are the bottoms of your feet, outer edges of your nostrils, and inside edge of the eyebrows.
Some of the essential oil recipes and where you should apply them for getting best results are given below:
- Massage mixture of Frankincense, Peppermint and Lavender oil into forehead and sinus areas.
- Dilute Peppermint essential oil and apply on the back of your neck and forehead twice a day.
- Apply few drops of Lavender essential oil around your nostrils twice a day.
- Add few drops of Lemon essential oil to water and apply on your Sinus affected areas twice a day.
- Take 3 drops of Rosemary essential oil and 1 drop of Thyme and Peppermint essential oils each and place them in hot water, drape your head with a towel and inhale the mixture from the hot bowl.
Essential oils are antimicrobial. They clear the passageways for smooth breathing and improve the respiratory issues. Thus, give quick relief from Sinus.